Loresco SC-3®, due to its dust-free manufacture, is simple to install by either mixing and pumping or by pouring. With deep anode systems, pumping from the bottom up is recommended. Loresco SC-3® has superb pumping qualities due to the addition of surfactants and when agitated in water, takes on the characteristics of heavy mud. A recommended mix is seven gallons of water per one hundred pounds. After installing SC-3®, allow twenty-four hours settling time before energizing. The modified surface of the carbon particles coupled with the action of the surfactants in SC-3® will achieve positive electrical contact by settling. Vibrating or compacting is not necessary.
Loresco SC-3® is a surface modified, blended, and sized carbon backfill with surfactants.
- Bulk Density: 74 lbs. per cubic foot
- Predominantly round particles
- All particles surface modified for maximum electrical conductivity
- Particle Sizing: To be dust free with a maximum particle size of 1 mm
- Minimum calcination temperature of base materials is 1250° C
- Base materials are calcined under ISO 9002 quality control
- Surfactants are added to assist pumping and settling
- No de-dusting oils are used during the manufacture of base particles
Loresco SC-3® is shipped in fifty (50) pound (22.7 kg) coated, woven polypropylene bags. SC-3® may be stored outside for limited periods (not to exceed four hundred hours of sunlight). Pallets are available with fifty bags per pallet. Proven export packaging is also available.