- Positive low resistance, electrical connection to the earth.
- Compatible with all copper grounding systems.
- Does not contain any hazardous chemicals.
- Will attain a hardened state.
- Will not leech into the ground or wash away.
- Never needs recharging.
- Electrically conductive.
- Environmentally friendly.
- Stable permanent ground for the life of the grounding system.
- Contains a corrosion inhibitor to protect copper.
- Will not expand or experience any shrinkage.
- Not affected by freezing.
- Simple to install.
- Excellent shelf life with no performance effects.
Horizontal or Grid Construction:
Entire grounding system should be surrounded by PowerSetTM. Conductors should be insulated as they exit the PowerSetTM column. PowerSetTM should be used as a ground enhancement material when a setting fill is specified.
- Pour into horizontal trench until level of ground wire is reached.
- Place ground wire. Pour in additional PowerSetTM until ground wire is covered to desired height.
- Cover with fill. No tamping is necessary.
- Remove excess water prior to application.
- Pour PowerSetTM and spread over ground until desired thickness is achieved.
- Cover with fill.
- Use ground staples to maintain ground wire in center of fill.
The use of PowerSetTM around the grounding system will reduce surge impedance by increasing the effective contact area of the electrode to the soil.